It's that time of year again and Love is the in Air over at Through the Purple Haze Challenges.
Our sponsor this week is Sassy Studio Designs and I chose to work with Elizabeth Laura Bennett. I don't normally work in a vintage style, but for some reason this design just popped into my head when I saw the digi.
The Quote actually comes from Sense and Sensibility rather than Pride and Prejudice,
but I thought it worked well with the 'Love is in the Air' theme.
I'm not sure of the make of the paper as it was in a bargain bag I bought, but I thought it went with the Regency theme. I printed the quote directly onto the paper
I used a bit of cream coloured cotton trim and coloured it with my Antique Pink Promarker so it co-ordinated with her dress.
I coloured Elizabeth with my Promarkers:
Skin - Coral, Sunkissed Pink, Blush with Pastel Pink Cheeks
Hair - Cocoa, Henna, Chestnut, Walnut
Dress - Cocktail Pink, Salmon Pink, Antique Pink
Gloves - Ivory, Satin
I really hope you like her and would love to hear what you think.
I hope you come and join in the 'Love is in the Air' Challenge
I'd like to enter this into the following challenges:





Beautiful card Lucy. Love the vintage look and quote!
ReplyDeleteEithne xx
Lucy, what a fabulous Elizabeth Bennett you have done. She is one of my all time favorite characters of Jane Austen's novels. And your verse from Sense and Sensibility goes perfect with her. Great fabulous coloring! Love it! Would love to find some of that awesome background paper too! It is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteLucy what a beautiful elegant image....you just wonder what she is thinking, o wishing for - maybe a proposal...........lovely
ReplyDeletefiona x
Such a lovely card - love how the words looks on the patterned background x
ReplyDeleteFabulous, fabulous card. Love the sentiment as well.
ReplyDeleteHi Lucy, Beautiful and Love the words you have chosen. Great colouring too of a fab image. thankyou for joining us at That Craft Place. Good Luck and hope to see you again soon.
ReplyDeleteHugs Amanda xx
Oh that's beautiful! Great quote, fab image, gorgeous colouring! Thanks for joining us at Just for Fun this month! mo dt x
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful card.So romantic too with the wording.Love the vintage feel and your colouring is just lovely.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week :D
ReplyDeleteLisa x
great colouring Lucy you looks divine and that the passage looks fab against the patterned background. beautiful xx
ReplyDeleteSuch a beautiful card! Fabulous image and great wording. Thanks for sharing at Just For Fun challenge this month! Mo dt x
ReplyDeletefab idea with the lace. the sentiment goes perfectly. Thanks for sharing this with us at Just For Fun Challenges. Stacey x
ReplyDeleteWow! I love how this card turned out! I'm glad that you had a "vision" emerge even though you say that this is normally not your style. I thought everything worked together brilliantly. I love the soft patterned paper you chose and it was a great idea to color the lace so that it matched so nicely. I was also totally impressed with your coloring skills! You created great depth and dimension with the markers you used. I also liked how you printed the quote directly onto the patterned paper. That is such a smart time-saving technique that looks stunning! Thank you for sharing your talents with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful - Mr Darcy would love it! Thanks for sharing it with us at Just For Fun!
ReplyDeleteElaine xx
Oh I adore this - fabulous card - thanks for joining us at That Craft Place xx
ReplyDeleteI love the Quote on your card, you never see many great quotes on cards x great job
ReplyDelete