I will happily admit that this challenge at Digi Galore absolutely TERRIFIED me!!!! We're sponsored by the incredibly talented Rick St Dennis. I've admired his artwork from afar for a while now, but never coloured any of his images. To have his sponsorship combined with a Monochrome theme was even more challenging, but me being me I took the bit between my teeth and went for it!
Rather than stick to black and white I decided to take Monochrome literally and stick to one colour tone. I decided on shades of aqua/ turquoise and went for a watery scene with Eleganza from Rick's store.
I used some bubbles and water flows from the Make it Crafty Under the Sea Elements Collection to create a background
These are the only markers I used
(well with the tiniest of sprays of True Blue in the water to add depths)
I used my Blitzer hand air gun to colour the sea to give it a subtle effect. I wanted the bubbles to be clear and bubbly so I coloured them with a layer of clear Sakura Glaze Pen. That meant that after I'd sprayed I was able to use my blender pen to remove any ink that had gone over the bubbles.
It's difficult to capture the shimmer of the bubbles on camera, but the several layers of clear Glaze pen make it glisten like water. I also added a few lines of Sakura Stardust to a few of the water lines to enhance the watery effect even further.
I coloured Eleganza using my pens. Rick includes quite a bit of shading in his images so that was a great pointer. She's so detailed, but was a joy to colour. With the monochrome I found I just thought of shading as I normally would do with different colour, but while thinking of the bigger picture at the same time.
We're really looking forward to seeing your very own Monochrome projects over at Digi Galore - gone on be brave! If I can do it so can you!




It's beautiful Lucy, my favourite colours too.
ReplyDeleteHoly crap girl! I came in to take a closer look at your sleigh ride card above, but I guess I forgot to stop scrolling... This is just amazing, fantastic and beyond fabulous!!! Enough adjectives? No? Ok, one more: AWESOME!!! :D
ReplyDelete