Sunday, 15 September 2013

Make it Crafty - Make a Scene!

Now I like challenges but this fortnight's one at Digi Galore had me quaking in my boots. I've always been an admirer of the Make in Crafty Digis as I've seen some amazing creations with them, but have never plucked up the courage to try them. Silly I know as they're amazing digis & lots of them have great humour in them! It turns out that after my initial wobbles there really was nothing to worry about - it took a bit of thought, but they were a delight to colour in.

The Theme this challenge is 'Make a Scene' and we were lucky enough to be able to choose several Make it Crafty digis to combine into our own scene. After a lot of tooing and froing (how on earth to choose with so much amazing choice???) I settled on:


Here's my Creation:
I've done some close up pictures as there's so much to take in.


Here's Cupid.


I coloured him with my Coral, Sunkissed Pink & Blush Promarkers and gave him Pastel Pink cheeks and an Antique Pink tongue
His bow and arrow is coloured with a Pilot Gold Super Gel Pen
I added some glitter glue to his wings to give them that sparkle.



The tree was a real challenge for me. I viewed a video on YouTube which gave me some pointers for colouring the trunk & I think it's turned out alright. I tried to add texture to the foliage and grass too.

Trunk - Tan, Cinnamon, Cocoa, Henna, Chestnut, Walnut, Burgundy
Foliage - Leaf Green, Bright Gree, Forest Green, Pine
Grass - Grass, Emerald, Lush Green



I wanted the kissing couple to be nice and bright so coloured them with:
Skin - Coral, Sunkissed Pink, Blush with Pastel Pink Cheeks

Girl
Hair - Tulip Yellow, Sunflower, Gold, Raw Sienna
Top & Shoes - Berry Red, Cardinal Red, Burgundy
Skirt - Purple, Aubergine, Black

Boy
Hair - Cocoa, Henna, Walnut
Jumper & Shoes - Bright Orange, Orange, Burnt Orange
Jean - Denim Blue, Storm Blue*, Midnight Blue

Flowers - Lush Green, Red, Berry Red, Yellow




I made the clouds using my Cloud Mask from Sam's Masks and Stencils. I cut some card to mask the digis on my Cougar Cutting Machine.  I used my Promakers in my Spritzer (I've had this since I was a child but they've recently been re-released under various names). I used Sky Blue and True Blue for the sky, then put the cut out sections of the mask over the sky and spritzed a little Ice Grey 2 on the underside of the clouds to give them a bit more dimension.


As finishing touches I mounted it onto gold card, then onto dark red cardstock. I used a gold Peel Off Sticker from Anita's and cut a gold border with the Memory Box Cherish Die

I really hope you like it and would love to know what you think. Please leave me a comment.

Don't forget to come over the Digi Galore to join in the challenge and win a great prize from Make it Crafty



2 comments:

  1. Wow, that is amazing Lucy! What an achievement. It must have taken you ages with all the images and techniques. Great idea with the Spritzer for the clouds.
    Eithne
    www.cardroomdelights.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow look at this sweet scene, love all the detail you put into this. A gorgeous job of colouring too :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...