Wednesday, 7 August 2013

A Taggy Happy Birthday

It's that time of the week again - challenge time over at Through The Purple Haze.  I must admit I've enjoyed being challenged to make something each week & so far I've managed to keep up with it. This week the theme is 'A Card with Tickets or Tags'. I decided to go down the Tags route and recreate a card I saw on Pinterest ages ago & have been meaning to make my own version of.


I made a tag design in Inkscape and cut it and the letters on my Cougar Electronic Die cutting machine from Thyme Graphics. 

Plain and simple but the design really caught my eye when I first saw it, and I'm pleased with how it's turned out. I have the perfect recipient lined up for this Saturday so it was well timed too.

I've love to hear what you think.

7 comments:

  1. LOvely and bright tags, nice card.
    Thanks for sharing.

    fiona DT
    TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love this, it's so bright & a great idea. Thanks for joining us again at Through The Purple Haze Challenges :)
    Teresa DT
    Ceesa's Card Creations

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a bright and cheery card! Great use of tags!!
    Thanks for joining us again at Through the Purple Haze Challenges!

    Darcy DT
    TTPHC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it, Lucy! It's so upbeat and colourful, and is sure to stand out among the other birthday cards! It's amazing what you can do with a relatively simple shape and some imagination, isn't it.

    Thanks for your comment - yes, it's coming on nicely now. The electrician is on site today and I think he's working on my ARTHaven so I may even be able to start moving stuff in next week!! Yaayyy! Can't wait.

    Have a great weekend,
    Shoshi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely bright and colourful card. Great idea with the tags :) Thanks for joining us at Through the Purple Haze Challenges this week.
    Eithne DT
    www.cardroomdelights.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  6. so simply yet so effective. Brilliant.
    Good luck and thanks for entering the challenge.
    Lisa
    Through The Purple Haze Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brillant I love it. Hope that you enjoyed playing along with us over at Through the Purple Haze and will join in with us again. (Sian DT)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...