Tuesday, 15 February 2011

Scarves!

Now - how impressed are you? After being inspired by Sally knitting her lovely scarf at the Newton Crop I decided to be brave and attempt the Ondas scarf that Auntie Maggie gave me for my birthday. I'm not a knitter so I was rather nervous when I opened my present to find a ball of Ondas Wool, a pair of size 4 knitting needles and a sheet of instructions, but it was actually very easy. This Video from Black Sheep Wools shows how to do it in nice step by step actions.

I'm now hooked (or should that be needled) and have made 3 scarves already. I love the fact you don't have to be too exact and it grows so quickly - it only takes about an evening to make a whole scarf.


Lidl had some similar wool on offer earlier this week so I decided to see if that worked the same. You can see the difference - the Lidl's wool is the white/ light blue. It's slightly thinner so doesn't give such large ruffles, but it still looks good. It also works out at a 1/4 of the price as the Lidls wool was in packs of 4 for £2.99 and it only took 2 balls of wool to make a scarf.

1 comment:

  1. excellent Lucy, the scarves are fab, I am now on my 2nd one too. As for the cards - brilliant.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...