Thursday, 4 January 2018

Make it Crafty January 'Skin' Challenge

Well here we go - the first Make it Crafty challenge of 2018. How on earth did we get here! It feels like no time at all since we were celebrating the beginning of 2017 ... or 2015 for that matter. But hey ho - on with the colouring!

The first challenge of the year is 'Skin' - a nice easy one eh - so many of us feature Make it Crafty people in our creations. If you need some extra inspiration or pointers why not pick up one of Zoe's Ebook Tutorials - there's the Basic Techniques when Colouring Faces Ebook and Basic Techniques when Shading Body Tones Ebook. 

I chose to use the new digi Insta Penelope. Isn't she great! Lots of skin (and lots of hair!). I paired her with a collection of Chippies to create a full sentiment.


I do love the effect of chippies. I used three different ones - Sending Single Layered Word Chipboard, Birthday Single Layered Word Chipboard and Love from Sending Adapt-a-word. I double embossed them with WOW Rich Gold Super Fine Embossing Powder. and coloured the base with Copics.


Here's Insta Penelope's close up. I do love the details in her clothes & hair & of course all that skin. I kept her fairly simple rather than adding lots of the details in the Ebooks, but I will do her again sometime with all the extra details. I had fun playing with a different colour combination for her clothes.


Products used:
Digi -  Insta Penelope

Copics Used:
Skin - E000, E00, E21, E11, E04 with R20 Cheeks
Hair - YR12, YR15, YR18, E09, E19
Eyes - G82, G46, G29
Clothes - BG45, BG49, BG09, B97, B99
Y11, Y15, Y17, YR24
C2, C3, C5
Shadow - W2, W3, W5
Pilot SuperGel Gold Pen
Wink of Stella Clear

I hope you like her and hope you join in the Make it Crafty 'Skin' Challenge - it runs until the end of January.

Make it Crafty Store
Make it Crafty Inspiration Blog
Make it Crafty Monthly Colouring Challenge


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...