Wednesday, 8 March 2017

Spectrum Noir Vintage & Nature Marker sets

Well here we go - my second month on the Spectrum Noir TV DT Team already! This time our challenge was to use the Vintage and Nature Spectrum Noir Packs. These packs are lovely as they contain pens that compliment each other beautifully.

We were working with some stamps from Sheena Douglass - I had to totally relearn how to rubber stamp again as I've used mainly digis for so long!!!

The first part of our challenge was to colour the same stamp using just the Spectrum Noir markers and then the Spectrum Noir markers + Colourblend pencils.

Sheena Douglass - Perfect Partners Country Cottage - All a Flutter


The first one is just the markers from the Vintage Markers box.
The second has details added with Colourblend Pencils - I've not tried this before but I really love the effect it has. So many details I could add!


Original Spectrum Noir Markers - Vintage Set

P3, P4, DP4
VB2, VB3
GY1, GY2, BO2

Colourblend Pencils

Yellow Ochre, Boysenbury, Carnation
Verdigris,Black

Here's a close up.


See the details on the wings!



Next up is Sheena Douglass A Little Bit Sketchy - Cottage on the Corner


The first one is coloured with Spectrum Noir Markers from the Nature Set and in the second I added details with Colourblend Pencils


Original Spectrum Noir Makers Nature Set

MB1, MB2, RB1, RB3 BO3, RB2
AG1, AG2, YG1, YG2, AG4

Colourblend Pencils

Espresso, Fern Green, Rock Pool, Stone, Earth

It's a bit more difficult to see the difference in this, but the Colourblend Pencils really do make a big difference to the details. 





I'll share some more pics tomorrow x







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...