Sunday, 3 January 2016

Feathers with Make it Crafty

It's challenge time at Make it Colourful and this month the challenge is feathers. A little less scary than the Northern Lights last challenge, but still a challenge. Then again that's the whole point of the Make it Colourful Challenges - to push your creative abilities (and mine!).

I've chosen one of the new Beautiful Birds Digis - this gorgeous pair of Loving Owls.

Here's a close up. I tried to create the effect of feathers by using flicking strokes with my Copics.

 I tried to add texture to the branch & depth and detail to the foliage. 

 The sentiment is a simple one I typed myself. I wanted to make a card that's suitable for several different occasions so I can keep it in my stash ready for use.

I wrote down the Copics that I used but seem to have put them in a safe & sensible place rather than the notebook I usually use. From memory the ones I used were:

Owls - E51, E53, E55, E57, E59, E41, E42, E71, E74, E77, E79
Branch - E21, E23, E25, E27, E29, E49
Foliage - G82, G46, G99, B99
Sky - B00

2 comments:

  1. Your colouring is amazing Lucy - beautiful card. Happy New Year to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These two are so cute! I think you have definitely achieved the texture you were looking for as they look very cosy sat on their branch.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...