Monday, 21 April 2014

Creativity Strikes! with Milk Coffee Stamps

It's challenge time at Through the Purple Haze Challenges and this week the theme is Creativity Strikes!

 I was given Bedtime Story to work with and decided to create a framed 12 x 12 scrapbook page illustrating some different bedtime stories. A few weeks ago I was lucky enough to win some digis from Milk Coffee Stamps and as they're our sponsors this week I let my imagination run wide and added some extra images.

This is it complete - framed.



I used:













I coloured them all with Promarkers and cut them out on my Cougar. I inked the edges with Spun Sugar & Evergreen Bough Distress Inks

The sentiment is a freebie from Ginger's House I thought it was perfect for the image.



I'm really pleased with how it turned out.

Looking forward to seeing your entries at Through the Purple Haze Challenges 




2 comments:

  1. Wow Lucy, I never fail to be amazed by your colouring skills with the ProMarkers. This is not something I can do at all! You have done a charming and very sweet layout with all the different stamps and it brought back fond memories of being read to as a child and the lovely places of the imagination that the stories would take me.

    Thanks for your lovely comment - fancy you getting virtually the same machine as me, and so recently! I've just looked it up and it looks very similar. I am glad it is proving to be such a success. Once I get mine plugged in and I have time to start exploring all its bells and whistles I should be well away - already several projects are lining up demanding my attention! I have to get the mini-album done first, though... Good thing its a fun project or I'd be tearing my hair with frustration!

    Yes, I did get the new machine from the Newton shop. I could have got it online, but thought it would be a good thing to support the local business, and also to know that they would be there for me should there be any problems. They sent me the free motion embroidery/darning foot which didn't come with the machine, but I am still waiting for the Brother freebie to come - the quilting kit.

    Hope you are well, and having a good week! I'm terribly busy at the moment and it's frustrating to have to keep crashing out and resting!

    Shoshi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well all i can say is Wow what an amazing project Lucy...i love it

    fiona DT
    TTPH

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...