Monday, 28 October 2013

'Here come the Girls' - Through the Purple Haze Challenges

This week's challenge at Through the Purple Haze Challenges  is 'Here Come the Girls' and our sponsor is the lovely Crafty Sentiment Designs.

I was lucky enough to have 'Amy Looking Out' who is a lovely cute little girl. I decided to do something different and use a Digikit in CraftArtist 2 and make the layout digitally. I used the Daydream Digi Kit that comes with CraftArtist 2. I love all aspect of crafting and really love making things in real life, but it was fun to do something different and try a mainly digital version. I'm pleased with the results - once you apply shadows and bevels etc the digital elements really seem to come to life and look 3D.


I saw the sentiment as a freebie on Ginger's House and  thought it was perfect for the girly theme. (It made me think of one friend in particular :D ) I imported it into CraftArtist 2 and changed the colour of the sentiment, added a 'sticker' outline, an internal bevel and a drop shadow to give this effect.


I coloured Amy Looking Out  with my Promarkers (what else!)


 I used:
Skin - Coral, Sunkissed Pink, Blush & Pastel Pink Cheeks
Hair - Tulip Yellow, Sunflower, Gold & Raw Sienna
Top - Cerise, Shocking Pink*, Maroon
                - Pink Carnation, Blender & Glitter Glue
Jeans - Cobalt Blue, Denim Blue, Midnight Blue
Shoes - Silver Gel Pen, Pink Carnation

I added glitter glue to her top, her hair ribbons and the butterflies and her cheeks to give it a bit of extra girly sparkle.

Can you see how 3D that ribbon looks? You'd never believe it was a printed flat piece of card would you?

I hope you like my girly girl. Please leave me some love, then pop over to Through the Purple Haze and join in for a chance to win from 

3 comments:

  1. lovely girly card Lucy,=. love the colours and the ribbon.That sentiment is awesome and i love the background well done hun. Anita xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucy, another super card....i love the shades of the pink and blue and the wee girl'' hair....so well done.....
    fiona xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lucy! This is such a cute card and I truly love the sentiment that you found. It is so sweet and girly!!
    Hugs
    Darcy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...