Saturday, 1 June 2013

Digi Galore Challenge - Anything but a Square

It's that time of the month again - time for a new challenge on the Digi Galore blog. This time we're lucky enough to have the lovely Betty of Simply Betty Stamps as our sponsor, and you can win 3 SBS images.

The challenge this fortnight is to make something Anything but a Square. It's funny as I've just got into making square cards & love making them, but this was a fun challenge. I'd seen a circle easel card on one of the forums I'm on and decided to use that idea.


 I used Doily Circles 2 from Birds Cards and added a base to it to form the easel which I cut on my Cougar cutting machine. I cut a single Doily Circle 2 & printed Confetti London in the centre. I then coloured her with my trusty Promarkers.


As you can see the easel construction means it stands up on it's own. I used adhesive pearls (coloured with Promarkers) as the 'stop' to make the easel card work. The Happy Birthday stamp is a wooden stamp (brand unknown).

As you can see the card fold flat for postage.


I then decided Confetti London looked a little lonely, so I made her a friend using Kams Heart (retired Digi (No longer available))


Don't they make a cute couple!


Don't forget to pop over to the Digi Galore Blog and enter your own Anything But a Square creation. 


1 comment:

  1. Amazing cards Lucy! I have yet to make an easel card! Both cards are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...