Sunday, 3 March 2013

Something a bit different - No Lines



Simply Betty's Challenge Blog has a challenging challenge this time - printing the digi with almost no lines showing! I've seen a few people colour like this & it looks very different but I decided to give it a go.

I must say it was challenging (the whole point of a challenge I suppose!). I took the intensity of the lines down in Publisher by right clicking on the image < format picture < washout. This seemed to set it about right without greying out the rest of the picture which is what happened when I tried to change the brightness or contrast. The lines still show a bit but not much.

Colouring was challenging - I had to be a lot more careful about the edges of different elements & she looked very peculiar at various points but I'm pleased with how she's turned out.


 I was doubly brave & ventured into the world of patterned paper which I normally struggle with. Not sure why I went for it this time & I went for a spectacularly patterned paper but I think it works. I've left the sentiment off so I can add one when a suitable recipient comes up.



I'm pleased as I've finally found a combination of pens that give a bright pink I really like - they are Cerise Promarker, Shocking Pink Flexmarker, Vermillion Flexmarker & Maroon Promaker. It's taken a bit of searching but I'm finally there.

Digi - Sugar Plum Fairy from Simply Betty Stamps

Paper from DCWV Butterflies and Blossoms 8x8 Stack

Promarkers & Flexmarkers*:
Skin - Coral, Sunkissed Pink, Blush, Pastel Pink Cheeks
Hair - Tulip Yellow, Sunflower, Gold
Eyes - True Blue, Azure, Sky Blue

Dress & Ballet Shoes -  Cerise, Shocking Pink*, Vermillion*, Maroon
Ribbons - Pink Carnations, Fushia Pink
Roses - Blender pen, Pink Carnation
Leaves - March Green, Olive Green
Tiara - Metallic Gold




6 comments:

  1. Stunning colouring and a really cute image too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job your no lines coloring is gorgeous! So glad to have you join in the challenge:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow Lucy this is fantastic and such a gorgeous colour, thank you for joining in our challenge.
    Hugs Kaylou xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow Spring is here in your card..I love it great work! thanks for jo8ining us at SCC

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful coloring and great card Lucy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a great job! She's gorgeous! Love your background paper, too, and your girl's tutu is so prettily colored.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...