Monday, 4 March 2013

Canvas Word Art



I've seen several white on white word art canvases on Pinterest & thought I'd have a go at making one myself. The method usually suggested is to use a canvas, adhere wooden letters, then spray the whole canvas white - as shown in this tutorial.  I decided to think laterally (as I usually do) and come up with a different way of making it. Using my trusty Cougar cutting machine from Thyme Graphics I was able to make my own  that only cost pennies.

I used one of the 'make your own canvas kits' like this one but used a sheet of Rymans 200gsm Smooth White cardstock rather than the supplied canvas paper as I wanted the letters to exactly match the backing. I designed the letters in Inkscape using slightly thickened Edwardian Script and welded them. I cut 6 copies in the Rymans cardstock and carefully glued them one on top of each other so they gained the appearance of chipboard letters. I then glued the words to the canvas.





I'm really pleased with how this turned out. Amazing what you can do with some glue & a few sheets of
white card.

I'm entering this into the following challenges:

MilkCoffee Challenge - White on White 

3 comments:

  1. oh Lucy its just gorgeous hunny,I love the white on white
    huge hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous creation. Thanks for joining in with our WOW challenge at Milkcoffee this week xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...