Luckily inspiration struck last night when I remembered the 'Blitzer' I had when I was a kid.
It's basically a hand powered air gun - you put a felt tip pen in the holder so the tip of the nib sits just over the hole at the end of the Blitzer. Then you squeeze the bulb & blow a fine spray of ink over the paper. Not quite what Hazel suggested for the technique but with a bit of sideways thinking it did the job.
Update! I've just discovered that the inner barrel can be removed which means the main barrel is big enough to hold a Promarker!!!!!! What a brilliant discovery - I can see me using this lots!
I cut Hazel's cloud template out of doeflex template plastic on my Cougar (it's incredible to have a machine that can cut material that thick!). This means I have the templates there to use whenever I want them in the future & they also wipe clean which is great.
Update! I've just discovered that the inner barrel can be removed which means the main barrel is big enough to hold a Promarker!!!!!! What a brilliant discovery - I can see me using this lots!
I cut Hazel's cloud template out of doeflex template plastic on my Cougar (it's incredible to have a machine that can cut material that thick!). This means I have the templates there to use whenever I want them in the future & they also wipe clean which is great.
Following her tutorial I came up with these:
The image is one of the Superkids by Mo Manning
The sentiment is from Create with TLC
I then made one that's more appropriate for the lovely weather we've been having this summer:
I made it as a top folding card & added a layer of plastic over the top. I couldn't find my acetate so used a plastic document pocket instead. On the front of this I used glossy accents to create raindrops & a puddle for her to splash in.
The image is Waiting for Rain by Mo Manning
The sentiment is one I created myself.
Here's a close up of the raindrops - they cover the whole of the card but don't show up particularly well in the photo.
I'd love to hear what you think x






Lucy, I've just spotted this - I am surprised you've had no comments yet because it's absolutely terrific! First of all, how very appropriate, given the weather we've been having. The cloud idea is genius. Gotta try that! I think I'd use distress inks and my Inkylicious ink dusters that can give an effect as good as a spray - although I'm sure I've got one of those spray thingies tucked away somewhere, bought about 20 years ago and never used lol! I did something a bit similar on my hubby's mechanical/pop-up card last summer, but to make water waves. The Glossy Accents for the rain and puddle are fabulous. The top card made me laugh because I'm always looking for stuff like that for my home help, Wonderwoman!!
ReplyDeleteI'm waiting for the most amazing stamp to come back into stock so I can order it - the most realistic water droplets you could imagine! A Must Have for Shoshi's arsenal!
I really enjoyed this post! Fabby stuff. Off to look at the original tutorial.
Thanks for your lovely comment on mine - the faux porcelain effect is well worth trying - it's brilliant. Have a look at the card I made with it - I was really pleased with how that turned out, since I'd started it last year and forgotten all about it! Duh. Brainfog...
Shoshi
PS Lucy - I've just left a comment on Hazel's blog and suggested she pop over and see what you've done with her tutorial! It's so cool!
ReplyDeleteShoshi